BEST Buttermilk Biscuits EVER – NOT THM Friendly
Best Buttermilk Biscuits
Write a review
- 2 1/2 cups of self rising flour (WHITE LILY if you can get your paws on it!)
- 1/2 cup of fat i.e. shortening, lard, butter, etc.
- 1 cup of buttermilk, more or less (The more you make these, the easier it will get to recognize the soft dough stage.)
- Melted butter for tops after Baking
- optional but oh so good!
- Combine flour and shortening in bowl by using your hands, pastry cutter, fork, whisk…. whatever you want to use. These are your biscuits! Stir in your buttermilk until you have a nice soft dough. It will be slightly sticky. Scrape dough out onto floured surface and knead 4 to 5 times. Pat dough out to 1 inch thickness. Fold in half and pat out again. Do this two more times to make flaky layers. Cut biscuits out and place in greased pan. Brush with melted butter and bake at 425-450 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Brush with butter again and serve.
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)