Amish Friendship Bread & Starter Recipe – (no instant pudding)
Amish Friendship Bread + Starter (no instant pudding)
Write a review
- This is the Amish Friendship Bread Starter Recipe that youll need to make the Amish Friendship Bread- It is very important to use plastic or wooden utensils and plastic or glass containers when making this. Do not use metal at all!
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F)
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water for about 10 minutes. Stir well.
- 2. In a 2 quart glass or plastic container, combine 1 cup sifted flour and 1 cup sugar. Mix thoroughly or the flour will get lumpy when you add the milk.
- 3. Slowly stir in warm milk and dissolved yeast mixture. Loosely cover the mixture with a lid or plastic wrap. The mixture will get bubbly. Consider this Day 1 of the cycle, or the day you receive the starter.
- For the next 10 days handle starter according to the instructions above for Amish Friendship Bread.
- Day 1 - receive the starter Usually in a gallon ziplock bag, So Stir or Mush 🙂
- Day 2 - stir
- Day 3 - stir
- Day 4 - stir
- Day 5 - Add 1 cup each flour, sugar and milk.
- Day 6 - stir
- Day 7 - stir
- Day 8 - stir
- Day 9 - stir
- Day 10 - Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Divide into 4 containers, with 1 cup each for three of your friends and 1 cup for your own loaves. Give friends the instructions for Day 1 through Day 10 and the following recipe for baking the bread.
After removing the 3 cups of batter, combine the remaining cup of Amish Friendship Bread starter with the following ingredients in a large bowl
- 2/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Using a fork beat by hand until well blended. You can add 1 cup raisins and 1 cup nuts (optional).
- Grease two loaf pans with butter, sprinkle with sugar instead of flour.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes to 1 hour (individual oven temperatures vary). Cool 10 minutes, remove from pans. Makes two loaves of Amish Friendship Bread.
(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)